The title ‘sports massage’ may have you believe this particular massage is catered only to those who play sports on a regular basis. This is incorrect, ‘sports massage’ can be beneficial for a number of different reasons. From back pain to de-stressing, ‘sports massage can be the solution to many of your issues. One group in particular that can benefit from this is office workers. Spending the majority of your day at a desk with poor posture or a bad computer set up can leave you with many permanent aches and pains. In this article, I will highlight 5 benefits of ‘sports massage’ for office workers.
- improves circulation- Being seated for hours at a time with little to no movement creates poor circulation. You may have cold hands and feet, feel fatigued, numbness and tingling and digestive issues. Sports massage helps to alleviate tension areas, improving your body’s circulation.
- De-stressing and relaxing- We all know how tiring 9-5 jobs can be, especially when your sat at the same spot for hours. Taking some time out of your day to have a massage could not only improve your physical health but also your mental health. Leaving you feeling rejuvenated and fresh.
- Removes tension and stiffness- When you stay in one position for a long period of time your muscles begin to get stiff and cause pain. While improving your posture can be very helpful, having professional help relax your already stiff muscles.
- Increases your productivity and creativity- Taking time out of your day to focus on your mental and physical health can have lasting effects on your everyday creativity and productivity. Having a reset after a relaxing massage may be just what you need to get past a creative block
- Sleep- A sports massage can also help significantly improve your sleep pattern. Feeling tense and stressed may be affecting your sleep more than you think. Having a massage can help to relax your body and mind so that you can have a full deep sleep.